Monday, April 13, 2009

A bread less day?

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Sometimes a change in routine can really throw you off your eating plan, but I know many of us planned well and stuck to the program. So great job to all of you who hung in there!

One way to give your weight lost a boost is to have a bread less day. Bread eater or those of you who rely a little heavily on starchy carbs like bread, rice and potato's to name a few of the heavy carb may benefit from controlling your carb in take and making different carbohydrate choices. This does not mean a low carb diet. I have many bread less, rice less, etc. days and still have a good amount of carbs. There are 27 carbs in a apple, about 19 in a 1/2 cp of grapes. So give it a try and let me know how it works for you.
Here's a couple of pictures of breakfast(1 whole egg 3 egg whites, spinach, etc) and lunch (Turkey Burger w/peppers & Broccoli) on a bread less day. The snack was an apple and almond butter. Dinner was fish with 2 veggies, and Greek yogurt for a snack






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been following the Fat Smash Diet, and the first 9 days are no carbs. It's a detox phase and you eat mostly fruits and veggies, you allowed beans/legumes & tofu, oatmeal (1c)a day, 2c low fat milk/2 6ozs c of yogurt, 4 egg beaters, 2c herb tea and water. I wasn't hungry at all. I ate small meals and I lost 7 lbs....on to Phase II same thing plus lean meats, chicken, turkey and fish, 1 whole egg, ceral, 1 oz cheese for the next 3 wks...I'll let you know how I make ate....and as you can see no bread.....